At Moira Wong Orthodontics we look after the teeth of children of all ages. We have a dedicated interest in maintaining the highest standards of child patient care and dental education for children.
With our Paediatric Dentist Dr Carmen Colomar, our high in-house standards ensure that our young patients have an increased awareness for the importance of maintaining excellent dental hygiene. Our special interest and understanding of Paediatric Dentistry allows us to help educate children to become more conscientious of the tooth surfaces when brushing their own teeth.
We believe that children do not have live with a compromised smile which often occurs during their most sensitive years as teenagers. So we provide the best advice possible and constantly monitor the child’s dental health through regular checkups as they grow.
Teaching Your Children How to Brush and Floss
It is very important to start the habit of good oral health care at an early age. This is why Dr Moira Wong has been visiting schools and nurseries to talk to the children about why and how to take care of their teeth. Dr Wong is a strong believer in prevention: the earlier the children are aware of how to take care of their teeth, the better the outcomes.
Top tips for children to maintain healthy teeth
- Brush your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste, after breakfast and again after dinner
- Brush for a least two minutes each time. Your parents should supervise you if you are seven years or younger
- Use a small to medium sized brush with soft to medium bristles
- When most of your adult teeth have come through, get your parents or your hygienist to teach you how to floss
- Use a fluoride mouthwash to strengthen the enamel of your teeth. Your parents should supervise you if you are seven years or younger
- Eat healthily. Your diet must include fresh fruit and vegetables to ensure proper formation of your teeth
- Limit sugary food and drinks to meal times
- Get into the habit of drinking or rinsing your mouth with water after eating sugary foods
- If you need a snack between meal times, snack on things such as carrots or celery sticks
- If you need a drink between meal times, drink water or milk
- Do not drink too many fizzy drinks
- Visit one of our dentists at least once a year
- If you play contact sports, such as rugby or karate, get one of our dentists to make you a custom-made mouthguard
Are you looking for a dental practice where you know your children are in good hands? Here at Moira Wong Orthodontics we look after the teeth of children of all ages from across the Kensington and Notting Hill area…