A filling is used to treat and fill a cavity. Did you know that you may have several options in the material used for your filling? And that you should treat your new filling gently?
- Silver (amalgam), ceramic, and composite materials are used in fillings.
- You should be careful after getting a filling to protect it
- Brush and floss gently when dealing with new fillings.
- Stay away from foods and drinks that are too cold or hot.
- Wait a few hours for the filling to cure before eating or drinking.
“After you get your cavity filled, you can brush and floss as normal.”
Additional care instructions can be found here: https://yourdentalhealthresource.com/the-best-ways-to-take-care-of-your-new-filling/